Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Listen

"I like to listen.
I have learned a great deal from listening carefully.
Most people never listen."
- Ernest Hemingway


Got a couple more cd's the other way:
Common - Like water for chocolate
Common - Electric circus
talib kweli & hitek - reflection eternal

that's 6 cd's in about 6 days....as opposed to 0 cd's in the past 6 years.
Definately loving Talib Kweli's Beautiful Struggle cd....lots of good songs on it...but none better than Around My Way.

Feeling pretty good right this minute...need to finish up about 70 pages of a book for a quiz tomorrow...but that's not phasing me right now. Went to the rec tonight with Nell and Zach. We got on the court and stayed there until we decided (i.e. Nell decided he couldn't run any more) it was time to go 5 or 6 games later. Felt great to show the youngins they aren't as good as they like to think.

On another note:
The Mizzou basketball team really blows. I wish I was on the team about now to give them some heart. They have NONE. I think this stems from the coach. I would feel great if they told him tomorrow to pack his bags to head back to Duke to learn some more from Coach K. I think the head assistant coach would probably be a good one...seems like an honest man at least.
We don't have a bunch of sucky players...we have a few that are pretty damn good...but we've got no team. You can't win a good number of games in a season without a TEAM.

Thats it...I'm done...no more thinking about the team....too painful :)
Night y'all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrew~
You should get this cd...
John Legend: Get Lifted.
Like you said...God gave him an amazing voice.
Have a great day.