Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Music

Next cd: John Legend - Get Lifted ....comes recommended by a good friend.

Found another great song on Kweli's "Beautiful Struggle" cd, "Black Girl Pain".
Also stumbled across Marques Houston - "That Girl" the other day. A lot of confidence with a dose of attitude. Check it out

Had a rec sports basketball game earlier this evening. I sucked (well by my standards anyway) but we won by the 20 point mercy rule. I playing with a guy a couple weeks ago and he asks if I'm on a team. (haven't in the past 2 years unfortunately) He picked me up and I actually like all the guys on the team. Suprising to me considering how I normally judge other guys, probably why I don't have many guy friends....in fact they can probably be counted on one hand.

Its hard for me to clear my mind after sucking...can't stop thinking about little things that I could have done differently. Just giving a shot a little bit more power, following through a little bit more, little stuff like that that can change a game.
But at the same time I'm very thankful that I can do what I can do.
Being out there on the court lets me be something I'm not in more parts of my life...outgoing. Like Mrs. Holman (accounting teacher/FBLA advisor in high school) said one day after watching my high school team play, "you're a different person out there on the court". My response, a head shake. Her, and the rest of the class' response to the head shake, a laugh.
Life is funny like that sometimes.

Amen

No comments: