Monday, February 07, 2005

Random thoughts

My hands hurt. Last week in my rec sports game I did something bad to my left pointer. Today at the rec I did something bad to my right pinkie. Its about 3/4 bigger than my left pinkie. Umm..probably not a good thing.

I'm sick. It sucks. Started feeling bad Saturday at Tan-Tar-A. Made it home around 2pm and slept until 9 or 10. My nose hurts every time I blow it. Hoping the ball playing tonight will help build up my system so this sickness goes away and hides. Worst case....playing tonight makes me worse, so I've got two hurt fingers and a terrible cold-like illness.

Haven't been on the bike in a while. Froze Toes, the annual Columbia road race that opens the season is coming up in a couple weekends. I was going to race but we'll see how much I get on the bike. Right now I'd just be asking for a butt-kicking...but what's new? I've had plenty of butt-kickings on the bike and I just keep coming back for more.
On another note....the Collegiate Nationals for this road season are at KU. Close enough to see a few world class athletes and a bunch of other riders better than I'll ever be.

Upgraded my TIVO set again today. Put a 250gigabyte hard drive in it along with the 160gigabyte drive I put in it the other day. She holds something like 400 hours of shows now. Gotta love the automatic recording of music videos at 3am....about the only time MTV actually plays them any more.

Am I ever going to stop liking "stuff" so much? I've got way too much of it and the more "stuff" you've got the more other stuff you've got to get for it. Its like a never ending cycle. I'm hoping someday I'll wake up and not care for it any more. Honestly its not an issue that I can will to happen, its gotta be something I work at. With an example like mom I've got a starting point. I

I've gotta wonder how others my age judge themselves if they don't have parents as great, stong, etc. as mine. Maybe thats why there's so much crime out there.



Don't blame it on the teachers as they only have the kids around 13% of the year.

1 comment:

Leisha Jo said...

profound!