Sunday, March 06, 2005

What a

NIGHT.

Basically laid around the house all morning doing nothing but watching tv, getting fat, playing MVP Baseball 2005 (go Royals :), getting fat, eating doughnuts, watching MU beat KU, and eating a few more doughnuts to get even fatter. After I was done getting fat it was about game time.

Beat the first team we played (who hadn't lost a game until we came along) without too much of a struggle. Had a nice start to the game when I hit a three a couple feet back from the 3 point line (though that was about the highlite of the game for me as I didn't do much else offensively).

Sat around for an hour at the rec.

The second game was a bit closer. We were down by 10-15 at one point and somehow were able to fight our way back. Tied with 8 seconds left we sorta created a play which didn't work, so it's overtime (FYI: I sort of had 4 fouls so I sat out the last 2 minutes, which gave me fresh legs, which led to...) I score a reverse put-back, we play good D, I score taking my guy to the bucket, we play good D, we hit a couple free throws, game over.
Honestly the way the other team was hitting 3's I thought we were gonners, but somehow we got'er done.
So by the time we play Tuesday there will be 8 teams left. Tomorrow night I'll be at the rec doing a little scouting for Tuesday.

So after settling down for a few minutes I took a nice long shower at the rec and grabbed a couple Roast Beef sandwhiches and some pink lemonade at Lion's Choice and now I'm in the library gettin' my blog on. Time to finish up this overdue Amish paper and get some reading done.

Night y'all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your two wins! I knew you would do your BEST and that it would pay off for you and your team... Best of luck on Tuesday night! And good luck studying tonight! :)
Talk to you soon,
Em