Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Some things

just don't go as you hope

Got denied to the School of Information Science and Learning Technology yesterday. When I opened the small envelope (so I kinda knew before I knew) I guess I wasn't all that shocked. I knew I had an outside chance of getting in since my GPA isn't all that wonderful (its not wonderful at all) and my GRE score wasn't much better. So what's this mean for my future? Not sure yet, other than I obviously won't be in SISLT.

Was laying in bed last night thinking about a lot of stuff (such as transferring to another school, etc) when I sort of realized how comfortable I am here at Mizzou and the Reflector. Right now its hard to imagine having a different job.


My last post about the team we were going to play was off. Turns out their two best guys were playing in another league game at the same time so they couldn't be there. I knew something was up when I looked up their past scores online and they had beaten every team by 20-30.
We kept it close, but couldn't overcome their 3 point shooting. Lost by something like 12.
The highlite of the game, telling the heckling guys from the other team that the smiley face on my right arm was in fact a real tattoo (what did they think it was? I do not know). And even better, when they ask why I've got a smiley face on my arm telling them about a little something called depression....I've never seen a guy go from joking to being serious so quickly and then opologize.

Kinda proud of myself this morning. Brought a couple things of peach yogurt and a bananna in to work for breakfast, along with some Very Berry (or Berry Berry, something with Berry in the name) V8 Splash, the one drink I have that competes with soda (Red Bull doesn't compete with soda because it's outrageously expensive and only so much can be taken at a time). The problem with the V8 Splash? It's much more expensive than soda. For now though I can handle a little extra to drink something more healthy.

I suppose its time to figure out what to do with myself this August.
Have a good one...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andy,
I'm so sorry about the grad school. I know that you wanted it badly, but you know that there is something calling your name for you not to be accepted. Remember that you have a lot of wonderful things in your life...loving family and friends as well as your relationship with the Lord.
I love you dearly!
You know who.

Leisha Jo said...

Andy, I am so sorry to hear about this. I know things have been so, so, so tough for you lately, especially w/ school, and so this news just does not help anything. However... what Emily (at least I'm assuming that was Em) said is so true-- there really is something out there-- a plan, if you will, and if you keep trusting in God, it will all come together for you, even if it takes a little while. We (the family, Em, etc) are all supportive of you . We love you so much, Andy!-- please don't forget it!!!!!

J said...

Andy, It's Leisha's friend Jody. :) I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you. Remember Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." You're being thought of, Andy!