Sunday, March 13, 2005

Great Weekend

First of all check out http://www.blogwise.com
If you've got a blog link it up through the system,its good stuff.

Boog - we have spring break that week and seeing as how I'm basically broke and can't afford the trip to Atlantic City I wanted to take I'll most likely be in Columbia most the time riding as many miles per day as possible. So come on up and bring a bike with ya.

As the title says, this weekend was a great one. Visited Alecia and her husband Shane. It was a great time. The trip down there was great except for a few slow drivers on two way highways. This morning we had brunch at Lambert's, a place I've wanted to go for a long time but never have. Definately one of my top 3 restaurants of all time. (still not sure if our waiter really talked that way or if it was just an awesome acting job).
Took a little bit different way home (13 Hwy, and so on) so I could see the SAC River Trails, a place I've had plenty of mountainbike races at. (Boog, that's the place you went with me my freshman or sophmore year...when I was so worn out I DNF'd and had you go tell them I was outta there)
The trails looked great, wish I would have taken my mountainbike with me, something I actually thought about the day before but didn't do anything about it because a few of the parts are strewn across my garage. (I don't know if strewn is a word but I like how is sounds, and I'm pretty sure you knew what I was talking about)

Loving my new heart rate monitor. Used it on the road ride I did Saturday morning. Don't have any exact max heartrate but I got it up to 185 bmp during the ride and burned something like 1300 calories. Can't wait to get my new shoes in Monday (hopefully) and get the new shoes, pedals, and heart rate monitor working together.

I suppose that's about it for tonight, time to shower again and get at least part way caught up on some reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had such a good visit with Alecia...and that you finally got to eat at Lamberts. How were those "throwed rolls"?
Good luck with your reading!
Night,
Em

Leisha Jo said...

I use the word "strewn," as well. You're right, it sounds good, but I'm also not sure if it's a real word. M-w.com, here I come!