Monday, June 27, 2005

miles and tennis

Tennis is a lot harder than it looks. Or maybe, playing decent tennis is harder than it looks. Played with Ryan from work the other day (he played in high school) and he taught me a lot. How to hold the raquet, where to stand, how to serve, and so on.

I'm not too terribly bad for only playing 3 times.

Sunday I had a nice 68 mile ride. Rode 30-something miles of the Ashland loop then headed down Z Hwy and happened to ride by Anna (Mizzou rider that does endurance, like over 200 miles, type events). So we rode into town together, got more water in our bottles, and rode until the sun started to leave us.
Probably the best (besides last week's Tuesday Night Worlds) ride I've had in a long while. Felt great, except near the end when all I could think about was Pepsi and steak. Mmmmm.

Got to sit down with Erica today at the Artisan. It was great to see her...it's been a while. Talked about camp a bit and now i definately feel like I need to volunteer for a session this summer.

Work is boring today. Registered for Fall classes and looked into my loan options.

Sold my Logitech Harmony remote on ebay....will ship it off as soon as I can find the USB cable. A sad day for Andrew's home audio/video components.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Great to see you!!