Thursday, June 23, 2005

HOT Hot hot

I hate coming in to work all hot and sticky.
It's not that I mind being all hot and sticky...I just don't want to sit that way for 8 hours. This morning I purposefully made myself hot and sticky, taking what's left of my mountainbike to Rock Bridge park for a ride.

Thinking about racing in Blue Springs this Sunday. I don't really care to drive home again so I'm trying to find a ride.

Got back, showered up and went outside and almost instantly started sweating again (but without the dirt and mud on my legs this time). Took my road tires/rims to CycleX cause they're both out of true. Unfortunately I don't have the know-how, or the appliances needed to get the know-how, to fix them...yet.
Being heavier than the average cyclist (maybe I should say heavier than the average racing-type cyclist) definately has its disadvantages. Either my wheels are much suckier than I think or they just don't like me sitting on them for lengths of time and get bent out of shape so that they can rest in a bike shop for a day.


In better news, I washed my staff shirt for the first time this summer. Smelled it last night when I was taking it off and decided it was definately time for a washing. Much better now.

No comments: