Friday, June 24, 2005

Guess not

Doesn't look like the race Sunday is going to work out.
Staying here will save me gas money, give me plenty of time to get miles in on the road bike, and maybe take the time to put together a computer that I've had half put-together for about 6 months, which I can hopefully get rid of for some money.

Plus I've thought about selling my mountain bike lately. Why? It's way too damn small for me. I'm not sure how much I could get for it since it has some dings in it, and really needs an overhaul...but maybe I'll find out sometime. I've mostly been riding the road bike anyway. The mountainbike has about 4 rides in it so far this year.

I have thought about trying to get enough loan money this coming semester to get a new bike (hadn't decided if it would be a road or mountain), a laptop, and recently I've realized that I should have a camera...so a digital camera also (though nothing in the range of the Digital Rebel I had). The first to drop out of that list would have to be the laptop, as thats more of a "its a good idea to have one but it's not a must". Then the camera, then the bike.
Maybe the used road bike I've been looking at will still be around in a couple months. Then I could grab it. Sell my current road bike, and gain back 1/2 to 3/4 of what I paid for the new (used) road bike or keep it as money for a future new mountain bike.


Oh yeah, and my car has been giving me signs that it's tired of me. Just came back from the shop and it doesn't seem as powerful as it was when I left it there...and once again I couldn't put it into gear without turning it off first (but then it worked fine).
Another reason that makes me want a full-time job as opposed to more school. I could get a car that's more my size...what would mom and dad say (kind of ironic that now they might actually read this so this really isn't the hypothetical question it would be if I had written it the other times I've though about it) about me using student loans to pay off a new (used) car?

Sometimes its hard for me to guess the way they would answer questions like this. Sometimes they completely suprise me with what they think of things. Other times their response is pretty much on with what I expect.
With this one I'd would guess that dad would tell me flat out "no", or ask what's wrong with me or my car.
Mom would probably ask what's wrong with what I've got now, and tell me that a car can wait, and something about only taking money that I really need.
hmmmm

I'm 23. I wish I could make decisions like this myself. I feel like I should be able to. Maybe thats because years ago (high school age) when counselors ask you about where you imagine yourself in 5/10 years I imagined about now I would be making some decent money (my idea of decent money would be about $25k...a realistic number for a beginning teacher. Scott stop laughing...you're a lucky money snatching biatch) and unloading the college car for something a little nicer.

No comments: