Thursday, January 20, 2005

Why cyclist wear helmets

So this doesn't happen:
"Last night while Tracy, Molly, Meathead and myself were doing a big tree loop on our fix gears Tracy went down hard. He sustained a very large blow to the head and some small road rash. Needless to say Tracy went via ambulance to the Unversity Hospital. Tracy was consicous. The hospital did numorous tests and Tracy spent the night in the ICU so that they could monitor the swelling of his head."

I've ridden in group rides with tracy a few times. This guy (i'm gonna guess about 30) looks like a european cyclist. Huge legs, bald head (when I saw him at least), small upper body...just looks like he belongs on a bike. I believe the times I rode with him he was wearing a helmet (though once he might not have been), but this time he wasn't. It's not nice and all to call people who just got injured (and just left ICU for a regular hospital bed) stupid, but I can't help it. You (and the other tards that were with you that weren't wearing helmets probably because you think you look better without one on) are all stupid. In fact, it pisses me off very much that you're so stupid. You make other cyclists look stupid because you've got so much to spare.

In other news:
my Rural Soc. teacher kept talking about if "someone does you dirty" then so and so. Never heard it put this way...but I like it. So from now on if someone does something bad to you or someone else, they did you dirty.

He also brough up an interesting point I hadn't though about in at least a year or two.
Answer this question: If your house was burning down and you could only grab one thing (possibly two or three, but not more than that) what would it be?
Seems the answer to this question should say a whole lot about who/what you are.



No comments: