Saturday, December 04, 2004

I wonder II....return of the wonder

if others feel like they can do anything with their life? On the way back to my columbia home from home I was thinking how I really think I could do anything in life that I wanted. The only question was whether I could make it as a doctor or not...and I think I could. I'd have to devote everything in my life (kinda like I almost do now with technology stuff) towards it, but I think I could learn what I needed to learn to succeed as a doctor.

if my parents really know what I think of them? It almost seems wierd to me that I can say so many things to friends about how great my parents are and then at times be a butthead when I go home sometimes. For the record...I believe I've got the greatest parents ever.

if others hope their kids will be like them (I do)? I have a feeling that there's plenty of people out there that would like their children to be like them....but maybe even more who wouldn't.

how different I would be if I grew up in a large city?

why this library has to close at 8pm on Saturdays (cause that means I have to leave in 45 minutes), when I think its such a great place to study and don't want to have to go somewhere else?

how much different my life would be if I didn't like to do so many different things (and be at least decent at all of them)? Like if I didn't race bikes in high school and just played basketball how much better I would have been, or if I didn't play basketball in high school how much better of a cyclist I'd be. (I know for sure of one thing...I would have cost my parents and myself much less money!!)

how some songs can hold you? Listened to "Changes" by 2Pac today, brought back lots of memories. Used to listen to this song on the bus ride to every basketball game in high school. That brought back memories of how others guys on the team used to tease me about how big my headphones were (but they sounded really good I swear..). I guess I wasn't really in with most the other guys on the team...why?...I'm not really sure. Just haven't been a social person the majority of my life. It got bad enough (well plus a lot of abuse I would take in practice from a huge senior football player that pretended to play basketball) my junior year of h.s. I told my parents and the coach I was done. I QUIT. I vividly remember a conversation I had with mom and dad in the middle of our downstairs livingroom about if quitting was really what I wanted to do after I had talked alot about trying to go to college playing the sport and so on. I did play the next year...became the first team captain of Odessa basketball to also be awarded "Mr. Hustle". Yes...that was a long time ago. Yes...I am still very proud of that fact, and imagine I always will be.

If I can think of a catchy subtitle for the next post there might be a part III or more of "wonderings"

No comments: