Thursday, December 09, 2004

Andrew's got

a new brother.

Mom sent this to me earlier today.
"Yesterday, I came to school as usual…..but by 5th hour, a mother of a former student (who entered herself into a hospital) sent me a message to call her about her son, Wesley Gregg. By 6th hour, she was in the process of faxing over her power of attorney to me. She was hotlined the evening before for abusing Wesley. He spent yesterday in K.C. with relatives…..I went and picked him up….took him to his apartment for some stuff……went to Indep. Center after 8pm for pants to wear for concert tonight…..ate at Fazoli’s (no, he’d never been there!) and made it home before 10. I made an instant bond with Wesley last year…..yes, he is the boy that I would take home after all the concerts…..they had no vehicle at that time……only has mom and she is very unstable…….so I know a little history………am anxious for you all to meet him….you will love him as we do! mom"

Kinda exciting. Mom loves children and had talked about possibly adopting one before...so while the title of the e-mail said "you might want to sit down" this doesn't really suprise me. Just got some questions now....like how old he is and if we ever play ball how much he's cry after his defeat (well...I guess if he even plays ball....I don't really know anything about him). :)

4 comments:

Kel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leisha Jo said...

So... he's not really our BROTHER... but to make things easier we can refer to him as one, at least as long as he's living in... well... your room. :-P

And if he DOES become our brother, I might be happy, but I might cry as well. ALLLLLL those years when I put "a little sister" on the VERY top of my Christmas list... 20 years later... another BOY comes along. What in the world!?!?!?

Exciting, though.

And a comment over something you said earlier. You're right, if you know you're smart, then you don't need your grades to tell you so. Just don't give up...

And Mom and Dad KNOW you love them and think the world of them. Even when you're a butthead.

Love you, bro. Good luck w/ everything... see you soon.

Erica said...

Wow. Your family is so caring, Andy. I know that Wesley is blessed to be living with your folks.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for family! :) I'll make you cookies over break sometime. We can all hang out :) I always wanted a younger sibling but oh well. Goodluck with that andy, I'm sure he'll love being apart of your family...even if he does have to put up with you. hehe.

As for your other post that i can't seem to comment on...you can always talk to the professor and ask for an incomplete. With an incomplete you have a full year to complete the course. You can't lose anything by asking.

--Brittany