Saturday, December 04, 2004

Mom

Mom: "Were you like Scott and not order any graduation annoucemens?"
Me: "Nope"
Mom: "That's my boy!"
Me: "I did have to spend $30 on a cap and gown though" "I though I just might borrow someone else's, take scott's old one, or use my high school one"
Mom: (laughs)
Mom: "You know I didn't go to my Masters' ceremony right?"
Me: "You know I wouldn't go to my graduation right?"
Mom: "Yeah, but you should........"
Mom: "I didn't even know what my colors were until Knob Noster when we got to wear them for graduation" (Knob Noster, MO, one of school's mom has taught at. Very close to Whiteman Air Force Base...home of few Stealth Fighters :)

And them we got to eat some of dad's Dairy Queen birthday cake. Dad's officially 50...or "Over the Hill" as mom likes to say (she's a couple years behind him). There were about 20 balloons and this big hanging streamer thing that I put up real quick that all said something about "happy 50" or "over the hill"
Of course then dad said something about already being over the hill. With the averge lifespan of a male being 70-something then 30-something would be over the hill.......