Monday, September 26, 2005

more than 12 hours of pain

I have mixed feelings about the 12 hour race this past weekend. The atmosphere was great, as was the shirt, and prizes we got for second place.

However, the tendons or whatever are on the back of my knees are still tight as a mofo. Quads are still tight also.
Basically spend all of Sunday afternoon/evening laying down in my bed trying to ease the pain.

During the race my left knee was bothering me. It's been happening during most of the collegiate races so I've got an appointment set up to have it looked at later this week. E-mailed a local cyclists thats a nutritionist also so hopefully they'll refer me to someone I can talk to about setting up some kind of nutrution plan.

Dad gave me a cd of pictures he took, so I'll put some of them up this evening.
Thanks Em, Scott, Tracy, snickers, mom and dad for coming out and supporting our team at the race. Mom, your lasagna will be forever remembered by those that had some.

Last thought for now: riding at night is a blast! (unless your legs, toes, fingers, and other various muscles are cramping up constantly)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the pain. I hope that it is not major. If it has been happening, you should get it looked at. Could have a knee injury. Sports injuries are wicked, and your sport is hard on the joints.

I hope you like the pictures. Remember to look up the pictures that the pro took at www.kansascity.com. They are supposed to be on the KC Star website, but you may have to maneuver to get to them.

Leisha Jo said...

wish i could have been there, too!!!

Leisha Jo said...

looked like an awesome day of apple butter making... and the pics of you and drew on your bike are far too adorable-- and you looked really happy, too! yay! :) thanks for letting me know about the pics. i feel sort of at home now.
love you... talk to you later...!
p.s. you do need to figure out a way to learn a second language. try spanish! eh! dooooo it!!!!