Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A September weekend

Rolled into Odessa Friday evening. Erin Stein came by and received the grand tour of the house, including the part Andy was a terribly cute little boy/something went terribly wrong during these years picture tour. We went to see 40 Year Old Virgin in Independence. I loved it. Erin on the other hand probably cried all the way from mom and dad's place to her parents place. We'll just say it wasn't exactly her type of humor.

Got to Scott's place about 1am and played a game of Madden and then went to bed. Got up at the crack of 8:30am and met up with dad and a friend around 10 to head to the Mizzou-Ark. State game at Arrowhead. Tickets were crazy high, I think dad paid around $80 for us all to get in. Thanks again dad!
Game was good, we spanked them. Fumbled too much, top receiver dislocated his shoulder, and our new offensive schemes didn't impress me too much (I can see tougher teams tearing it up), but it was a good time...my first time being in Arrowhead.

Was going to go riding at Landahl after the game but was worn out enough that I decided just to head back home. So I took 24 Hwy to Marshall and I-70 the rest of the way.

Sunday I did a butt-load of mowing on the short track course, and then rode it for 12 minutes. It completely sucks (in a good, but very painful way). The race this coming sunday will be 30 minutes. Ouch!

Monday was a practice race out at Cosmo park, where the cross-country race will be this Saturday. I got a flat tire during the pre-ride and met up with the guys before the start of the practice race. My rear wheel was out of true and the tire was actually rubbing against the frame almost every revolution, so the practice race wasn't exactly at race speed and only did 1 lap as opposed to the 5 that I'll be doing this Saturday.


Today looks like this:
Work- now-3
Class- 3:30-4:45
Bike to bike store- 4:45-5
Tuesday Night Worlds- 5:30-7'ish
Chad's 21st birthday celebration bbq type thing- ~midnight

2 comments:

Leisha Jo said...

who is erin?

Leisha Jo said...

ahhh!

ok, gracias :)