Thursday, September 22, 2005

this week

This week, as most have this semester, has gone by quickly.

My schedule is sort of set up so that weeks fly by. Beginning of the week is full with work and class, and the end of it is filled with cycling and trying to get homework, etc done.

Tuesday night worlds was good this week. There were just 3 of us last week, so I was kind of worried that I may be riding by myself. No problem, it's just nice to ride with others. There were a good 7 of us there, and it was a good workout. Not as fast as it was in the summer, but still kept an above 20mph average.
Its like the fact that a couple of the fast guys in town have taken the Columbia Bike Team juniors under their wing and ride with them regularly. I wish I had the opportunity they do right now. But at least I'm able to get into it now while I'm still somewhat young.
There's one of the juniors that I've become friends with and we've done some riding together. It's cool to be in a position to be a positive influence on his life.

Wedneday was a normal day. Work was a little slow. Class was a little long. Then I stayed up way too late playing Madden 2005. (Mom: I haven't played the XBOX in a long time :)

Got up at the crack of 11 this morning. Made some pancakes and decided to skip the ride I normally do on Thursdays in order to finish putting my old mountainbike together. I put a little blurb in the stlbiking discussion board, so hopefully someone will give it a good home. We've been through a lot together and I wish I could keep it, but that's not such an economically fiesable plan.

Today is basically over. Might play some tennis after I get off work at 10 for a cardio workout. That or I'll force myself to throw the road bike on the trainer for an hour or so.

Tomorrow is going to be a road ride for a good couple hours and a work meeting. Then its time to head home and get psyched up for the 12 hour race starting saturday morning. Can't wait!

No comments: