Thursday, September 08, 2005

bam

It's about 2am and I just finished up homework for the night.

I've actually really like the homework we've done so far in T315: Teaching Reading in content areas
All my classes have been going pretty well. Just wish the 4 hour class I have every Wednesday wasn't so long. My body doesn't agree with 4 hours in a chair (well maybe a recliner after a long bike ride...but that's not quite the same as what we've got in class)

Chad's birthday party was a great time last night. Played some games, watched some downhill mountainbike riding DVD's, watched many people get drunk, and then Brady and I took Chad downtown shortly after midnight for some drinking.
To spare the details, Chad drank a lot and shortly after we got him back home he was throwing it back up. Maybe that's why I've never been drunk. If it hurt that much to watch him, its got to be even worse to be him at that point.

He did survive though, with not a lot of moving around today, and tomorrow (technically today) we're gonna get him back on the bike and ride over through Ashland around noon.

The bike races here at Mizzou are coming right up. Should be an exciting weekend.

In other exciting news I might have the chance to get some experience in a bike shop. A new one just opened up in town with basically just the owner working by himself. He seems real nice and after going in there and buying a couple parts to rebuild my old bike to be sold I asked him if he might like some help, whether its paid or not. Told him that I basically just wanted to learn as much as I could about bikes. He thought it sounded great, just gotta give him a couple weeks as he just opened up and still is trying to get settled a bit.
We'll see what happens!

No comments: