Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Writing

Sitting here at work writing my first reflection paper of the year (there will be many more to come as the COE's philosophy of education is based on reflection, hence the name of the lab I work in "The Reflector".)

The name of the assignment is My Life in Schools, Communities, and Society. 5-10 pages about me.

Basically I felt like posting something up because my first real paragraph (yep, the into paragraph is officially not a real one) is about family. Can't really talk about the other stuff until my family is mentioned.

But more specifically my parents. Even more specifically a conversation we had downstairs towards the end of my junior year of high school. I told them I was through with basketball. I don't remember if they were suprised or not. I imagine they sort of knew what kind of a physical beating I took in practice nearly every day ,thanks Scott. They didn't tell me it was a stupid idea. They didn't tell me it was a great idea. They just wanted me to give it some thought.

Where would I be now if I had quit that year? Probably wouldn't have the best friend that I have now. Wouldn't know many people here in Columbia. Hmmmm....

thanks mom and dad

1 comment:

Leisha Jo said...

Andy, I miss you!