Monday, August 01, 2005

biking recently

this summer hasn't gone quite like I planned.
the past few days though have gone pretty well as far as biking is concerned

Friday afternoon/evening was a road ride with Dan. Total trip was a little more than 30 miles for me.

Saturday morning was mountainbiking with Steve, Doza, and Steve's roommate, whose name I can't remember, over by Ashland. It was decent...a good part of the trail was overgrown which normally pisses me off, and there was some technical stuff so the speeds weren't all that fast.

Saturday evening was a road ride with Doza and Steve's roommate. Overall it hurt. My butt hurt. Legs weren't much better. Total ride was something like 30 miles.
Sunday afternoon was a mountainbike ride at Rock Bridge. Was going to ride what I assume will be the Show-Me State Games course again until I met up with Chris and his ex-roommate on the trail. Followed them for a while and did another quick loop by myself after they were done.

This evening I'll probably head over to the hill in Sapp and do some repeats.

Some races coming up I really want to do. Will probably come down to how much money I can spare.
August 7 - ShowMe State Games Mountainbike race
August 13-14 - Tour of KC races
August 21 - Krug Park Mountainbike race in St. Joe
August 28 - Mountainbike races in Springfield or Cape Girardeau

Then in September the Collegiate series starts with the race Mizzou hosts

No comments: