Monday, August 22, 2005

Been a while

Its been a while since I've posted so I'll do a little overviewing:
Week of 7-13: went home on Wednesday and did some mountainbiking at Landahl park just north of Blue Springs. Rode some really technical sections and then went out to ride a part that I used to ride and collected a hundred and something spider webs on my face and forearms. Definately won't be riding that part of the park again.

Thursday I was supposed to do some clothes shopping with mom. We're having breakfast at IHOP and she gets a call saying she was supposed to be at school an hour ago for meetings. She leaves and I scout out the deal at the mall for an hour or more then head back to Scott's.
Meet back up with her at 4 and do some hardcore shopping...good stuff.
Met up with Erin from high school a little bit later in Liberty and had a great time eating and playing sand volleyball at William Jewell.
Don't remember what I did Friday.
Saturday I got sick at Scott's.
Sunday was a meal at church and booger gave a nice presentation about her trip to Nicaragua or however it's spelled.

Monday (we're up to the 15th if I've lost you) I went on a Ashland loop ride by myself. It was terribly slow as I still hadn't eaten much all weekend and wasn't fully recovered from being sick Saturday night.
Tuesday I got shelled at the Tuesday Night Worlds ride. Terrible.
Wednesday I did some intervals with Ben (a junior rider on the Columbia Cycling Team...which I'll join now that I have the cash to) and had a good time. I imagine as he grows he'll become much much faster than me.
Thursday was another ride with Ben. Went out in the heat and humidity at 3pm and rode for something like an hour and a half.
Friday was a mountainbike ride with Foosh, the new Mizzou cycling president. He did plenty of road riding this summer in St.L and Oklahoma but zero mountainbike riding as his mountainbike was here in Columbia and he wasn't. It was good until I flatted.
Saturday mom and dad brough up their old refrigerator for us to use. Then I met up with mrs. stein at the state fair and learned a lot about hogs and rode some rides with 3 adorable little girls.
Sunday was a mountainbike race in St. Joseph. Started well but less than a mile into it I snapped my brand new chain...so race over for me.
Not my happiest moment. Picked up Steve on the way up there in Liberty and Craig showed up also. So 3 Mizzou guys representing. Good times

In between all this stuff I got a Razor phone, bought a mountainbike on ebay, made at least 3 trips to Cyclextreme for things like shoes, pedals, seatpost, chain, cassette, and built up a little worshop in my garage for biking.
And in approximately 6 1/2 hours the new semester will start. No class for me though, just work on monday from 2-10

This coming weekend is our first collegiate race at Purdue Univserity. I've been riding very well and the new bike will hopefully be in commission so this should be a good one!

1 comment:

Leisha Jo said...

Most excellent spelling of Nicaragua!

And that's so great, how biking stuff is going for you!!! :-D