Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Moving

So yesterday I helped my brother move into his new house. That's right....the boy bought a house. One of his very own. HIS HOUSE!
I can't imagine what it would feel like to go into a house now and be able to think that I own (well...not paid for totally..but you get the point) this place. I can rip down whatever walls and paint anything else. Needless to say..I'm really proud of him.
(A little background info: he's a couple years older than me, so he's 24,...graduated from Northwest Missouri State University with something like a degree in Computer Science and a minor in Business..and I think he had another major also..something to do with computers....maybe multimedia stuff. He works at Cerner's World Headquarters (http://www.cerner.com/aboutcerner/default.asp) in KC helping hospitals troubleshoot their systems. At the campus, yes..Cerner is big and rich enough to have a campus, they've got a pretty sweet rec center and when I come home Scott is prone to allowing me in the place to beat him down in some basketball. He makes lots of money, or at least much more than I will make in my first 10 years of teaching.)

Congrats Scott....you da man

Well I'm gonna get to working on this paper of mine now....my way of enjoying a break from school :)