Monday, July 10, 2006

Tired ...and Texas

So we finally made it back safe from Texas yesterday.

That traffic accident I blogged about on my Treo ended up with us turning around on the highway and taking a few back roads back onto the highway a few miles up the road. We got back on the highway a little more than 2 hours after we were stopped.

Though mom probably didn't know (she was alseep part of the time) we took a little freestyle through Dallas and mapquest on the Treo helped me find my way back to I-35.
With help from my friends at Red Bull and Starbucks I got mom and I to Norman, Oklahoma at about 7:30am.

Mom drove for 2 or 3 hours and then I drove us from one of those inbetween-the-roads rest stops in kansas (from now on kansas will not be capitalized, as it sucks) to Dillards in Independence, and finally back home.

It was a great trip, a little more driving and a lot less exercise than I'd prefer, but it was good. Got to see some different parts of Houston, vist The Galleria, see where the Texans play, and saw an actual switchboard from back in the day (in mom's aunt's garage)(I don't know what I would be called in relation to mom's aunt, and I'm tired...so mom's aunt will work. Feel free to comment and enlighten me.)

It was about as humid there as it's been here, except their grass looked a whole lot better than ours looks here.

That's about it for now, when I got back to columbia yesterday I relaxed for a few minutes and then decided it would be a good time to play ball with some guys. This wasn't the best idea for a few reasons. One of them being I keep dozing off here at work, so the next 9 or so hours of work should be super great.

1 comment:

Leisha Jo said...

great aunt.
now, are you enlightened?
glad you guys had a good time, and i'm really, really, really glad that starbucks and red bull were such good friends to you (although that's a TERRIBLE amount of caffeine for your body in such a short amt of time!).
and,
why the heck didn't you take your shirts? or at least the brown one? (and yes, the orange one is for you, as well-- i'd just forgotten about it amongst my too-big pile of stuff). you'd better be wearing it each and every time i see you next (after you get it, of course), for not taking it with you. way to make your sis think you don't like it. :P
love you!
stay awake!
but sleep when necessary!
oh, and...
how about travel possibilities? whatcha thinkin'?
k that's all!