Friday, May 06, 2005

yep

definately racin'. Not gonna be pretty, but I'm going to do it anyway. Went for a short suffer-fest a little while ago with Steve, the guy I'm riding with to STL.

I seem to remember being able to "float" with that bike, but definately not today. Threw it on the bike stand when I got back and realized that the front wheel immediately stopped every time I stopped spinning it. The front disc must have loosened up a little since I brought it back from the shop, causing the disc to rub against the brake pads the whole time I was riding earlier...kind of a relief because I know I'm slow but it shouldn't hurt as much as it did.
Put the wheel on the ground and tried to reshape the disc a little bit and it rolled a little easier. Guess I'll do the same thing in the morning before the race.

Wake up at 5am, leave Columbia with Steve around 6am. Good stuff

Depending on how much I'm hurting after the race either going home Saturday evening or Sunday to grab my car and give mom her Mother's Day present, getting to see me :)


*My heart rate monitor is interesting me now. Haven't been able to get my heart rate above 169 on the road bike in number of weeks (I must say I haven't done all that much riding though; my max heart rate the first time I tested was somethin like 185). I look down at my wrist on the ride earlier and see my BPM are at 178, and just about every time I looked at the screen it was around 170.
I've got a few theories as to why this is happening...but won't really know for sure until mid-june probably when I've got a whole lot more miles in.*

1 comment:

Leisha Jo said...

is my brother still alive?...