Sunday, September 10, 2006

Kick to the nuts

Rode a big tree loop today...or part of it. Got a big metaphorical kick to the nuts less than half way through the ride when I realized how week I was, partly due to not riding and part due to weighing more than I should.

Forgot that the MS150 was going one this weekend (remembered yesterday, but forgot overnight) and part of the Central Missouri one (there's also a KC and a Springfield one I believe) goes around the big tree loop, just in the opposite direction that I was going. So I waved at about a billion riders and half of them though I was crazy for wanting to go back and ride over the hills again.

One of the rest stops was by the Katy trail down on the flats and I considered stopping in and grabbing some watermelon or pb&j sandwhich, but I was hurting too make to do it. I went ahead and took the Katy to MKT trail and limped home.


Guess that's about it for now. Need to grade some assignments and iron about 8 shirts.

1 comment:

Leisha Jo said...

you don't typically need a copy editor for your posts, but this time around, i think maybe you could afford one. don't blog drunk, man.

btw-- did you get my email about the trip opps? too tired/busy/stressed to think about it? all you have to do is pick-- and i can basically take care of the rest.

and-- are you going to be home over thanksgiving?