Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bone Thugs-n-shopping mall kids

Bone Thugs-n-Harmony will be at the Blue Note tonight. I'd love to see them, and one of the guys on the cycling team could possibly hook me up, but there's no time for that business (plus they probably come on before I get out of work).

Went to my first after school meeting (other than an FBLA meeting last week) today at the Career Center. Not bad, long, but it was bearable.

Taught two class periods today. Both went well. I was happy.

I also stayed after class yesterday and talked with my instructor for a while (among other things she was the Assistant Director of the Career Center a few years ago) and she's going to work with me on assignments. Letting me plan stuff for the classroom and just talk about it in class while others actually present theirs. And she agreed to write me a recommendation, which I was very pleased about.


As far as the shopping mall stuff in the title. At the Career Center meeting they discussed how the Columbia Mall peoples decided that they had enough of kids swarming the mall on weekend nights and they wanted something to be done about it. Their idea was to hire local teachers at $15/hour to watch the kids and basically teach them how to act civilized.

I'll give you a minute to think about that. Actually...I'll give you until the next time I post something up.

No comments: