Saturday, July 02, 2005

Apple Cup

Race this morning was great!

Started at 9:45. Course was just over 10 miles..almost no flat ground, mostly rollers (up and down...up and down)

Basically stayed in the top 10 for 95% of the race. With about a mile to the end of the first lap some guys went down..one guy over his bars and i heard he was hurt pretty bad. I was in the front and looked back very briefly and just saw one guy on the ground and another guy about to get throw off his bike.

With two miles left in the 30 mile race I went off the front (aka attacked, aka tried to leave the group) and stayed away for just a little bit. The pack caught up with me and I basically had nothing left...finished in the back of the pack.

Couldn't be happier. (Last road race I did I only lasted 15 of 30 miles before falling off the back of the pack....finishing at least 10 minutes after the group did) Felt good after the race....like I could have done another lap without too much trouble.

Tonight at 7 are the street sprints downtown...so I'm gonna go watch those with some guys. Then tomorrow morning is the crit through downtown...we'll see what happens.

No comments: