Monday, October 11, 2004

Indiana

Weekend was really good....
Saturday: 8am Raced C's cross country. Took the lead at the top of the first climb and never got passed. Unfortunately the course wasn't well marked and I added a couple extra miles at some point and ended up in 3rd.
Around 2pm Raced C's downhill. Was the first rider to go. Took out one small tree and got thrown off one other time. Place: 4 out of 4...wish we could have had 2 runs down the course like we were supposed to but we were running late.

Sunday: Left our cabin at 7am to head to the race site for the Dual Slalom and STXC (short track cross country) which was about an hour away. Stopped on the way to have a healthy breakfast of McDonalds of course. (As Chris said, I figured with all the riders here everyone would be eating healthy and stuff, but everyone's like.."yea, McDonalds...")
I think the Dual Slalom qualifying run started around 11 (give or take a couple hours)...supposed to start at 9 but a few things threw us off schedule. I decided it wasn't worth paying an extra $10 to race it since the STXC course actually went down the DS course.
I decided to race B's in the STXC. Around Noon we started. Lapped plenty of C's and ended up in 6th place. Sprinted past 2 guys in the last stretch which felt really good...until I was pretty sure I was going to throw up. Didn't do it...but it took a while for the feeling to go away.
Mizzou took 2nd, 4th, and 6th in the Men's B's STXC
Cooled down...watched the DS finals and headed home.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reflect Away!
Andy I miss you. No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to forget you. The short time we had together was amazing for me. I feel like we were cheated out of the chance to get to know each other better. I think you are an awesome guy and I would be very sad if you were out of my life forever. (y)

P.S. In case you're wondering why I've posted this, I honestly don't want it to be awkward if I happen to run into you around campus or Blockbuster... Just know that I wish you the best in life and in love.