Wednesday, June 21, 2006

TreoAlarm Review

So I've found a few programs that look like they are going to come in handy with the new Treo (I say look like because I've only had it a day now).

There are really two that stand out right now, the extremely common VolumeCare and TreoAlarm. With those programs I've got more sound coming from the phone and its able to wake me up in the morning and tell me what the weather looks like.

TreoAlarm look very promising as I was looking for a way to get weather reports sent to me a new way. (The old way was through a daily text message from a local newspaper, which deducted ~30 text messages from my plan per month.) And seeing that I used my old phone as an alarm clock every morning I was needing an alarm program also. I found both in this dandy program.

Likes:
- Extremely easy to set up weather program
- The option for 6 different alarms (used 5 different alarms on the Razor)
- How easy it is to set up each alarm with what day you want, the time, ability to update the weather, and snooze times. This is probably the best part of the program for me.
- Being able to view the next 6 days forecasts

Dislikes:
- The main page is a little busy with all the weather information (includes barometer, dewpoints, visibility). I would like to see a set of options included to see this on another page or just leave it off.

No comments: